Benvenuto Visitatore(Log In|Registrati)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Exult Mod] Savage Empire Total Conversion, Bello!!!
The Ancient One
messaggio21 May 2007, 16:16
Messaggio #1

Gruppo icone

Gruppo: Admin
Da: Britannia
Utente Nr.: 1.377
pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7
Playing Ultima 7: "Il Portale Oscuro" IN ITALIANO!

Dungeon Master 1 (PC - DosBox)
Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Dopo una lunga pausa di oltre un anno, sono ripresi (come già annunciato qualche settimana fa anche su queste pagine) i lavori su questo promettente mod.
Per ora si trova in una fase iniziale, dedicata alla creazione della grafica.

Prima discussione sul Phorum di Exult
Stato di avanzamento del progetto

Stato dei lavori
During the past few days, I have been tinkering with Gimp and shape files. I'm not ready to show anything yet, but I will soon. I will list the objects currently completed/almost (needs tweaked) completed:

1.)Stone Oven - as seen in the Kurak village. It is based off of the original, but modified. The colors are different, and there is more detail. I am considering making separate frames to animate the fire when the player/npc uses it. I am very pleased with how this shape turned out.

2.)Bow - based off of the original, but applied to the Ultima VII bow frames. Again, I am quite pleased, but one frame needs tweaked.

3.)Bamboo Endtable - uses U7 wooden endtable as a base. IMO, it looks better than the original, but maybe to bright a green...

4.)Bedroll - both inventory and in use positions are done. They are based off of the ones used by the pc/npc's while resting in the original.

5.)Jaguar Skin Rug - based off of the S.I. leopard rug, modifed to look like the original. I am thinking of making a bedroll with that and the folded skin, just for different options for the player. There will be frames for each cardinal direction. Many items will get this treatment.

6.)Jaguar cloak - just a recolored leopard cloak. I create or recolor extra items here and there, which weren't in the original, but might be added for more depth.

7.) 2 Large and 2 Small Mats - I tried to give them a basket-weave look. One large and small mat retain colors similar to the original, while the other two are much more dark and green in color.

8.)One Large and One Small Stalk of Bamboo - These are basically finished, maybe a tad bit more tweaking to go. They both have leaves. I'm considering making more frames with the leaves in different positions, for a more varied look. I'm also tempted to animate leaves slowly falling from the stalks. I haven't worked on animating anything with them falling after attacked yet, but I have some ideas...

9.)Crate - wooden crates that are very similar to the ones in Rafkin's lab are complete, with a recolored ship's hold gump. I used the ship's hold gump, since it is wooden and square.

10.)Basket - recolored U7 basket to look like the original. I used the basket gump from Ultima VIII, moved the handles on it to match the actual item, and used the bag gump as a base. Actually, I had to move the handles, because the checkmark overlapped the handle, but now its better. I also recolored the U8 gump to match the basket.

11.)Metal Buckets - three frames- empty, water, and tar. Complete.

12.)Inventory Bamboo Poles - for making rifles and stuff. When harvested, the pole will be green, and must be kiln-dried in the oven, turning it yellow and making it usable for projects(well, thats the idea anyway!).

13.)3 Main Shields - The 3 main shields are done, but the frames for leaning or hanging them need work. I want to have shields and spears hanging on the walls of certain dwellings.

14.)Spear - 90% complete, needs tweaked. I tried to make the spearhead look either like obsidian or flint.

15.) Player Gumps -

a.)Paperdoll Gump - Beta version is complete. I call it a beta, because I might change the style a bit, but I haven't decided. All of the icons are replaced with S.E. interface-icons. They animate like the originals, and they all function properly. The stone head from the top of the screen in the original is used in certain parts of the GUI. He replaces the Disk Icon, and blinks with red eyes when you click him.

b.)Stat Tab- Complete.

c.)Tactics Tab - Complete. Halo is replaced with the Stone Head. Unprotected=eyes closed, Protected=eyes open and blue in color.

d.)Check mark - recolored to green.

...and the last item to mention for now is............

16.)Bamboo Walls - Nearly complete. I have something I am finally pleased with, but I have to finish the corner-pillar piece. After that, I'll do the thatched roof tiles, tweak the door, and create a curtain and shutter for the windows, wall hangings, etc. I'm going to create another wall set that is similar, but with vertical bamboo instead of horizontal bamboo. This is due to my idea of giving each tribe unique dwellings.

I have alpha versions (one frame each) of Rafkin, the default S.E. Avatar. I have decided that each tribe will have unique clothing (what little they will be wearing). For example, the Kuraks clothing will be all made of jaguar skin. I'm still working with the swing bridge. I may go with one that looks more like the original (using U7 boards), but either way, I'll be using the rope railings, since they are working so well. I also have a log graphic from Ultima VIII that I'm going to modify for this T.C.

I think thats it for now. I have a few things started but not finished yet. I have a .gif of all of the original tiles, and I black out each item that I complete, sort of like a checklist. When all of the objects are done, I'll start experimenting with chunk tiles and mountain tiles. I have decided that I will use some items from the SNES version as a base, but everything will be tweaked.

More info to come soon!

Scythifuge

Presentazione del mod scritta dall'autore:
CITAZIONE
Greetings!

A while back, when I was a lurker here, someone posted some messages, claiming to be working on a Savage Empire remake. I was very annoyed to never see any new messages, screenshots, or links concerning this.

Well, I've been experimenting with Exult Studio during the past few days. I have also been experimenting with Gimp and Paint Shop Pro. I have put together some experimental screenshots that give an idea of what I'll be working on. I like to think of it as more of a port, than a remake. Demo and original shots are provided for comparison.

Quanto prima l'autore posterà dei nuovi screenshot!

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio21 May 2007, 16:27
Messaggio #2

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Un pò di immagini tratte dalla prima versione del mod, assemblate partendo da conversioni brute degli elementi grafici del gioco originale.
Come recentemente annunciato, presto l'autore mostrerà la nuova grafica creata ad hoc.

Intanto io vi mostro queste:

File Allegato  screenhunter16small3fa.png ( 539.84k ) Numero di download: 12
File Allegato  screenhunter17small7if.png ( 529.56k ) Numero di download: 7
File Allegato  screenhunter18small9ak.png ( 541.08k ) Numero di download: 6
File Allegato  screenhunter19small2se.png ( 375.21k ) Numero di download: 6
File Allegato  screenhunter20small6ec.png ( 746.49k ) Numero di download: 4
File Allegato  screenhunter21small9xc.png ( 306.21k ) Numero di download: 8
File Allegato  screenhunter22small7ge.png ( 296.25k ) Numero di download: 9
File Allegato  screenhunter23small2dy.png ( 262.91k ) Numero di download: 5

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio24 May 2007, 15:48
Messaggio #3

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Settimana prossima forse i nuovi screenshot!

CITAZIONE
Just an update:

I am going to be out of town for the weekend, and will not be on the net. I'm going to have my pc, so I'll be working on S.E. in my spare time. I am trying to get things ready so that I can post pics of the new stuff by the end of next week.

There are some obstacles that I must overcome to meet the screenshot-goal. My bamboo walls all are the thickness of doors, which looks realistic and nice. However, my variations of the corner post do not line up with all of the pieces, even pieces that align properly with everything else. I have an idea that may overcome this situation, and it involves drawing posts in slightly different positions. My posts are not as thick as the originals, because then they would look out of place and silly. The way I see it, most of the posts and walls are of the same thickness, and thus align properly. Because all of my walls are as thick as doors, I will need a post for each position that doesn't align. It is kind of annoying, but not hard to do. I may also tweak the colors of the walls, since they seem a bit too bright.

When I create a new weapon or armor piece, the avatar will not equip them. He holds them like a regular object, or they go into the backpack. However, if I replace an original U7 weapon or armor piece, then they work perfectly. Again, not much of a problem, as there are enough U7 weapons and armor that I can replace them with everything from S.E., but it is agitating. After this mod, I'm thinking about an original, non-Ultima game, and that would need more weapons and armor.

A couple of new objects go underneath objects that are at the lowest point, and I have no clue why this is. If I click the object on top, it will select the object that went underneath. There are other things that need tweaked, but these are the major ones.

Newly completed items are the one-handed macauhuitl, and the aztec cloth armor.

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio29 May 2007, 10:21
Messaggio #4

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Aggiornamento:

CITAZIONE
We had some rain while we were at the cabin, so I used that time to rework the bamboo walls, and watch Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. I had to make various adjustments, as well as various different "pillars" to get the walls to line up, as well as get the required room sizes. I am quite pleased with the results. All I have to do to show off Intanya's Hut is to finish a few items that belong in there, and get some workable thatched-roof tiles. The U7 and SNES S.E. ones are no good "as is", but both will be used to create the new ones. If there are any delays in showing screenshots by the end of the week, it will be the roof tiles.

In addition to tweaking the walls, I have made a "jaguar skin" curtain that you can double click to slide open or closed. There will be mini curtains for certain windows. Some npc's will use the curtains for doors, rather than actual doors, though there will be actual doors as well.

Other things I'll be working on are more weapons, and tweaking with the colors of some of the weapons, with the biggest priority being the roof tiles.

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio5 Jun 2007, 00:20
Messaggio #5

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Come promesso alcune immagini dei nuovi elementi grafici introdotti!

File Allegato  savage1gk1.jpg ( 383.62k ) Numero di download: 9

CITAZIONE
Well finally here are some screenshots. They are not as completed as I wanted them to be, but unforseen delays (such as a long-time friend coming to town) are making things take too long.

The thatch tiles are no where near completed, but I threw in a couple of experimental ones to show what I'm working on. Many small items are not completed, so only the walls are a reconstruction of Intanya's hut. Screens of the lab will have to wait until the next time as well.

File Allegato  savage2he3.jpg ( 379.55k ) Numero di download: 6

CITAZIONE
Here we have the hut, with jaguar skin curtains. All places in the remake will have more detail, so the curtains are more realistic. I'll probably make different curtains/tapestries. I cannot figure out what the design of the tapestries in the original S.E. are supposed to be, so I made the window curtains jaguar skin as well. The door has the original look of the bamboo walls, which I though was way too much.

On the left you can see the obsidian-headed spear, and the Nahuatl cloth armor. In the middle lies 3 macuahuitls. The small one is a one-handed weapon. The one in the middle is a two-handed version, and the one on the right is a Master Macuahuitl, of which only one or two will exist in the game, and must be taken from powerful characters. On the right mat, are the three main shields that appear in S.E.

File Allegato  savage3kr1.jpg ( 342.47k ) Numero di download: 5

CITAZIONE
This shot is just to show that you can open the curtains. I haven't figured it out yet, but the window curtains are supposed to open and close. I had to draw new "window walls" with open and close frames, to make them solid. But I can't figure out how to make the game switch to the next frame when I click on it.

File Allegato  savage4zi7.jpg ( 357.25k ) Numero di download: 3

CITAZIONE
Here are shots of the GUI. I'm still tweaking portions of it, such as the offsets of the icons.

File Allegato  savage5rs5.jpg ( 288.63k ) Numero di download: 7

CITAZIONE
Here are the basket and crate gumps.

Well, thats all for now. I have other works-in-progress going on, as well as touch-ups to these graphics here and there. The bamboo walls while nearly finished, need some pixels removed or recolored, with some tweaking with the alignments, but not too much. Next round of screenshots will have the roof, other buildings, the rest of the Kurak village items, and hopefully the lab.

bananab.gif bananab.gif bananab.gif

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio8 Jun 2007, 16:40
Messaggio #6

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Aggiornamento:

Thank you everyone, for the positive feedback!

I've taken a short break as to avoid getting burned-out on the project, but that hasn't stopped the flow of ideas. I will resume this weekend, and will be alternating projects to avoid burnout on any of them. I wasn't feeling any burn-out, but I know to avoid it! The closest I came to burn-out was when I had a "wall-frame" for the bark shield, but accidentally tripped the powerstrip that the pc was plugged into, and it wasn't saved. That was a real bummer...

I'm going to have to resize the roof tiles, or use a mixture of sizes to get them to fit properly on top of the bamboo walls. I'm going to try to finish many small items as well. If I stick with the smaller items, I could probably get quite a few of them finished, then start on bigger things such as the tiles.

Another thing I am considering is making many versions of the same weapons. This of course would come later, after a lot of other artwork is completed. The idea is that each warrior would probably have his own tribal/clan markings on his weapons and shields. This idea came from many pictures I have been studying for the project, Mel Gibson's Apocalypto, and how pleased I was with the one-handed and master macuahuitls.

Now something about fauna...

I am considering increasing the size of the snow leopard, and recoloring it. This will be the jaguar. The smilodon (sabre-tooth) will most likely be based off of the snes version.

The original game didn't have scorpions, but they appear in the SNES version (the SNES version recycles a few things from U7, such as sea serpents). I have read that there are scorpions in the Yucatán, and since I want to add more to the game, they will be in. They will be recolored.

I am still unsure as to how the dinosaurs will be done, unless there is a way to construct them from various tiles, like they were in the original S.E. I just can't see them being as small as the dragons, drakes, and hydra from U7. Thats one of the things that I actually disliked about U7 and U8, was the creature sizes for tsome of the monsters. Too small...

A bit about the flora...

I have decided that I want the player to have interactive access to every edible item in the game. Therefore, I plan to draw a banana tree, maize stalks, amaranth, etc. The idea is for the player to be able to forage for food while out adventuring and exploring, or to be able to prepare foods and bake them in a stone oven, cooking stone, or a campfire. Items would include things like tortillas and amaranth/honey cakes, roasting meat, and other such foodstuffs. Speaking of honey, there must be bees as well...time to research prehistoric bees!

I am having a lot of fun doing this, and I am learning many things that I didn't know about pre-Colombian mesoamerica, as well as tribes from all over the world.

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio5 Oct 2007, 15:09
Messaggio #7

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Il progetto va avanti ed inizia ad assumere una sua fisionomia precisa.
Adesso si cercano ufficialmente aiutanti. Grafici e coders per primi.

CITAZIONE
Greetings!

Here is the status of the project. It is not on hiatus, but is rather moving slowly. I am working on this or that and touching up or redoing some of the graphics here and there. I took a vacation from stuff like that over the summer for the most part, but still thought of the project often. Some aspects were getting frustrating, and I don't want to get burned out. Little things like breaking up a large object into smaller tiles, then trying to get them to arrange properly in E.S., and then edit the properties of each one so that they behave properly can take many hours on some occasions. Often I have fun because when something works, it feels great! But when it gets tedious, its time to work on something else or take a break.

At the moment, some of the mountain tiles still need some tweaking, and copies with various differences need to be made. They are heavily based off of the original Savage Empire tiles, and do not use the SNES version's at all. Some of them have vines, steps, and bamboo/stick ladders that are passable. Problems still include getting proper bridge-end tiles, which will require some rework on a nearly completed rope bridge. The ropes are tide to the tops of long posts with human skulls attached to them! But I have to break them up into smaller tiles and try to make them passable.

Many objects are completed, some new plants are in the works, and a lot of work on the Avatar has been done. One of the very tedious things is creating the 8x8 pixel tiles that make up the chunks. I have water tiles almost completed, and I have ground textures (modified from screenies of an unreleased Ultima game ;-) ) that need to be broken up into 8x8 tiles. I am having some difficulty in making the shoreline tiles and the "transition-from-one-terrain-to-the-other" tiles.

If anyone who can draw wants to help out with the ground tiles, let me know!!!

In the meantime, in order to get more practice drawing and using E.S., I have been working during the past four days on a project codenamed "Ultima 81". All I'm saying for now, is that it isn't a medieval-type rpg...

CITAZIONE
I would be more than happy at this stage to receive help in certain areas of the project! What I'm probably going to do over the next few days is go over all of the assets for the project, determine what I need help on and prioritize each item. The first thing I'm probably going to seek help to accomplish is the ground tiles.

I'll definitely need help with usecode, since I'm clueless about it at this time. But my main focus (phase I) is to get all of the graphical assets done. Phase II would be world building. Phase III would be game creating with usecode implementation. Phase IV would be music and sound effects. Phase V would be beta testing, with Phase VI being an official release.

One thing that people can do if interested is draw random tropical plants (that would appear on Earth between the Yucatan and the edges of the Amazon, for example I will no longer be including bananas, but rather plantains). I just don't want any hard feelings if something isn't used, is all. I have graphics that I decided against using, or set aside for other projects. Maybe someday we can have a huge amount of graphic assets that can be used for any Exult project! There are many things I am itching to show to the public, but am unwilling until I can create the scenes I have envisioned. However, if artists jump on board , I will of course share the graphics with them. Maybe we can get an official team started, and get another Ultima remade like the Lazarus team did with Ultima V!

Another thing worth mentioning is that I finally acquired a Savage Empire Cluebook!!!!!!!! As I was hoping, it goes into a little more detail than the game itself does, plus having all of the maps in one book is handy, even though some maps will be different from the original.

One other thing. Not to sound stingy, but all original images that I have created that appear in this thread, aren't to be used without my permission. I only say this because I don't want them used in other projects until this one is completed! Of course, this doesn't include the graphics that I merely tweaked, only the ones I have drawn from scratch. After Phase VI, I will consider all of my S.E.T.C. graphics freely available for everyone on Earth to use for their Exult projects!

--------------------

TheRuler
messaggio5 Oct 2007, 21:09
Messaggio #8

Gruppo icone

Gruppo: SMod
Da: Bologna
Utente Nr.: 2.653
Entropologo part-time

BGE AG: Indy3
Arcade: Silpheed
Free Roaming: Shadow of the Colossus
RTS: Praetorians

Playing Magari...
SO Windows7

OGI Supporter

EVVAI!!!
L'unico gioco della serie di Ultima che Ho... e che sto giocando piano piano...
mannaggia attè fratello hobbit!!! Mi hai attaccato una (altra) brutta malattia!!!

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio8 Oct 2007, 10:30
Messaggio #9

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

CITAZIONE (TheRuler @ 5 Oct 2007, 23:51) *
EVVAI!!!
L'unico gioco della serie di Ultima che Ho... e che sto giocando piano piano...
mannaggia attè fratello hobbit!!! Mi hai attaccato una (altra) brutta malattia!!!

ehehehe!

Preparati, perché U7 è ancora più contagioso di SE! smilies3.gif smilies3.gif

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio5 Feb 2008, 22:39
Messaggio #10

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Il progetto continua, anche se l'autore è ancora al lavoro sui nuovi elementi grafici.
Il cammino sembra ancora lunghissimo, però lo stile è migliorato nettamente, come potete vedere:

File Allegato  samplenx8.png ( 394.92k ) Numero di download: 8

Le immagini riguardano altri possibili progetti, ma sono ugualmente interessanti e di alta qualità!
Qui tutte le informazioni!

--------------------

TheRuler
messaggio6 Feb 2008, 00:25
Messaggio #11

Gruppo icone

Entropologo part-time

Playing Magari...
SO Windows7

OGI Supporter

In effetti, nel gioco, non mi sembra di averlo mai incontrato, NEO...
;-)

Carino l'arco compound.

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio11 Feb 2008, 18:16
Messaggio #12

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Continuano i lavori:

CITAZIONE
A little update, since its been a while:

I'm trying to finish up the new bamboo walls that will be exclusive to the Kurak tribe. Those early yellow walls have been completely replaced with ones that are more reminiscent of the original game's walls. Those yellow ones look silly to me now. I had some major trouble getting them to look right while snapping together properly. They are a major reason for taking a break and practicing with drawing other graphics! The next challenge will be drawing thatch-roof tiles, which I am concurrently working on. I have a few preliminary designs, based on the original U7, SNES U7, and SNES S.E. thatch-roof tiles, but I'm having a hard time getting them to line up since the bamboo walls have changed so much. I'm using the Emp and Harpy nest tiles for some of the graphics to save time. If anyones to give it a go, I'd be happy to check out your work!

I also have preliminary straw walls for another hut style, an initial wall of "stacked-stone" for the neolithic Barako tribe based from the "fortress" wall, and some Aztec-inspired Nahuatl walls. All of these will be much easier to finish up than the Kurak walls, because they use the basic size and shape of U7's walls. For the Barrab tribe, I am going for a vertical-bamboo wall on stilts look, with a green-leafy thatch. For the Barako roof tiles, I'm thinking of some stitched hide, or a hide/thatch mix, but I haven't started that yet.

Once I finish the majority of the walls, I'm going to go back to tackling the grass, dirt, grass/dirt, and water tiles. I'm studying the color-cycling effect of the waterfall from the Silver Seed as well.

Once I get some of these things finished, I'll be comfortable with showing some screenshots. If I do another sample on the "sample thread", maybe I'll throw a couple of S.E.T.C. things on there!

Also, if anyone knows of any sites with ORIGINAL Aztec art/patterns/designs, I'd appreciate any links to these sites!

--------------------

TheRuler
messaggio21 Oct 2008, 23:54
Messaggio #13

Gruppo icone

Entropologo part-time

Playing Magari...
SO Windows7

OGI Supporter

Brutte notizie...

cadute braccia al punto 2...

CITAZIONE
Re: Savage Empire Remake Thread
Author: Scythifuge
Date: 10-18-08 05:57

CITAZIONE
"Could you possible release a patch so people can experience what you have done so far? (besides just screenshots)"

My apologies, Malignant Manor. I missed this post. I got into new relationship at the time and it put the project/Ultima/Exult on hold.

I cannot create a patch for a couple of reasons:

1.) I am very critical of my work and only reluctantly post shots,

2.) and I have no idea at the moment how to make a patch because I have focused only on drawing graphics rather than learning anything technical concerning Exult.

This is where others will need to come in. Scripting competently is beyond me without detailed tutorials, and I also need artists. After establishing the art direction, I will not at all mind if artists who love Ultima come in to help. Even though Exult/Ultima VII has their limitations, I cannot help but try to cram as much detail into the game as I can. If one looks at a picture of a real rainforest, they can see see what I mean!

With the advent of the higher lift values, I am looking for rainforest plants that look as real as possible considering the axiometric view, palette, and resolution limitations. With the added back story I have in mind, it doesn't matter from what area of the world the rainforest plants come from. In fact, they could be "extinct", which will actually fit in with the Time Lord aspect of my rewrite of certain aspects of the story...

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio22 Oct 2008, 00:28
Messaggio #14

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Sai che mi ero dimenticato di postare questa news?!?

E' una brutta notizia, anche se Scythifuge non ne ha fatto mistero fin dall'inizio.
Però ha anche un rovescio della medaglia: un grosso scoglio quel mod può superarlo, ed è quello della grafica.
Vale a dire che credo sia difficile trovare dei coder quanto dei grafici di pixel art.

Certo è evidente che siamo ancora in alto mare...
... anche se quegli screenshot fanno sognare.

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio15 Dec 2008, 15:15
Messaggio #15

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

Si è rifatto vivo l'autore del mod.
Non ha abbandonato, ma continua a lavorare, mostrando via via idee più chiare.

"Naturalmente" non è che i progressi siano particolarmente strabilianti...

Comunque continua con la creazione della grafica, secondo questa scaletta:

CITAZIONE
I am still looking for people to contribute art for the game. Mountainside textures will be considered, as will tropical plants. Trees can be fairly tall. Those who can are are willing to draw 32-frame npcs will be greatly appreciated! I have frame "16" of 4 or 5 npcs that need the rest of the frames done. Very few Ultima remakes see completion, and I will not give up on this one! I have ceased drawing random stuff, and have focused on doing things somewhat in order:

1.)Water/terrain tiles and terrain-walls for mountains and various waterfalls. (then build map)

2.)Building materials; walls and roofing. (Construct villages)

3.)Flora (create forests and plains)

4.)Objects (village items, weapons, props)

5.)NPCs

6.)Fauna

7.)Misc.

--------------------

The Ancient One
messaggio1 Sep 2009, 14:18
Messaggio #16

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

E' moltissimo che non scrivo niente dedicato a questo mod.

I lavori (seppure solo sulla grafica) sono continuati, almeno fino a Maggio 2009.
Ancora nessuno nuovo screenshot, però sembra che ci siano stati dei buoni progressi.

Tuttavia le news si sono interrotte a maggio, con un'ennesima richiesta di aiuto da parte di Scythifuge.

CITAZIONE
Everything will continue at a snail's pace until people join the project. Right now, getting artists on board to finish up art assets is top priority. I simply cannot do everything by myself, unless the game is released by 2015. Plus, I still draw graphics when time permits for other Ultima-related projects in order to not get burned out on S.E. and also to improve my skills.

Da allora non ci sono state più notizie... Speriamo bene!

--------------------

TheRuler
messaggio1 Sep 2009, 17:33
Messaggio #17

Gruppo icone

Entropologo part-time

Playing Magari...
SO Windows7

OGI Supporter

Questo e' uno dei pochi mod che seguo veramente, in quanto sono riuscito ad accattarmi il gioco originale in un mercatino di un paesino sperduto fra i monti bolognesi...

E vai alla grande! speriamo davvero bene.

--------------------

GiXiE
messaggio1 Sep 2009, 21:58
Messaggio #18

Gruppo: Gamer
Da: L'Aquila
Utente Nr.: 4.583
BGE Son troppi per elencarli...
Playing Idem come sopra
SO Windows7

Ma quasi quasi... un'occhiata a come si codifica l'exult gliela darei... sapete mica dove si può trovare un tutorial?

The Ancient One
messaggio3 Sep 2009, 14:44
Messaggio #19

Gruppo icone

pulley-in-the-middle

BGE Ultima 7

Sonic (Wii)
Runaway (PC)

SO WinXP

CITAZIONE (TheRuler @ 1 Sep 2009, 18:33) *
Questo e' uno dei pochi mod che seguo veramente, in quanto sono riuscito ad accattarmi il gioco originale in un mercatino di un paesino sperduto fra i monti bolognesi...

Grande Rullo.
Mi ricordo ancora la telefonata in cui mi raccontasti del tuo acquisto: stavo riverniciando il bagno! lookaround.gif
Ma poi l'hai finito?

CITAZIONE (GiXiE @ 1 Sep 2009, 22:58) *
Ma quasi quasi... un'occhiata a come si codifica l'exult gliela darei... sapete mica dove si può trovare un tutorial?

Ciao GiXiE!
Bentornato, scusa se ti rispondo in ritardo e se ancora non ti ho risposto al MP (e forse a qualche mail, che non controllo da troppo tempo).
Nei prossimi giorni vedo di risponderti e di passarti un pò di cose.

Questa tua frase mi ha letteralmente emozionato!
Se vuoi dare un'occhiata, per prima cosa scaricati Exult Studio e facci un giro.
Vedo intanto di darti qualche dritta:

- Questa è la pagina dedicata sul sito di Marzo (quello del Keyring Mod). Può essere un buon modo di partenza.
- Contattare Marzo (persona disponibilissima e preparatissima) è un altro buon punto di partenza. Per qualunque cosa puoi scrivere poi sul Phorum di Exult, dove ti rispondono in tempo reale diverse persone preparate.
- Poi considera che tutti gli script del gioco e dei mod sono "in chiaro". Lì dentro trovi esempi su esempi per capire come funziona.
- Poi, fossi in te, cercherei di unirmi ad un progetto esistente. In particolare a The Feudal Land, a cui partecipa anche Marzo, oltre che Wizardry Dragon (altro guru di Exult ed Ultima).
- Riguardo a The Feudal Land, leggi questa news. Non so a che punto siano con l'implementazione, ma potrebbe essere un altro buon modo per imparare qualcosa.

Io, ovviamente, sono disponibile per betatesting. Ed esigo di vedere ogni casa che scrivi con Exult!!! roargh.gif

Per ora un salutone, carissimo GiXiE!
E scusa di nuovo per la mia latitanza di questi mesi.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

Modalità di visualizzazione: Normale · Passa a: Lineare · Passa a: Outline

Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 16th July 2018 - 05:46